Candy tables are a fun way to celebrate at a kid's birthday party or event. In fact, they're fun for candy-loving adults too. Here are some handy tips on how to create a candy table for your kid's party or event.
1. Pick a theme - The theme can be your child's favorite colors or flavors, a season, a pattern, an animal, a favorite TV or cartoon character or even a favorite book. Having a theme makes it easier to select the candy and helps the various candy choices work better together. It also helps you plan your decorations if you start with the theme in mind.
2. Serving containers - You'll want to choose clear plastic or glass serving containers so the vibrant colors of the candy are the star of the table. Gather vases, jars, bowls and other serving dishes that you already have or search local thrift stores and discount stores such as TJ Maxx and Ross. Even Target can sometimes have a nice selection of clear glass serving options for decent prices.
3. Scoops - You'll want to also score enough candy scoops, tongs or other serving utensils so that you have at least one or preferably two per candy container. You'll want to also keep in mind that most children will be serving themselves so make sure any serving utensils you choose are easy for little kid hands to use.
4. Shop for candy - When you shop for candy, you'll keep your theme in mind but also think about the weather and the venue where you will have the table set up. Is it under an awning or other shade? Will it be hot or muggy? If your party will take place during the hot part of the year and outside, opt for individually wrapped candies and hard candies to avoid a melted mess. How much candy do you need? A good guide is to plan one-third to one-half pound of candy per person. So, one pound would cover two to three people. You'll also want to make sure to get enough candy to make your containers look full enough.
5. Individual containers - You'll want to choose individual containers for your guests to put their candy in. Crisp white paper lunch bags are a great option that can work with any theme and also holds plenty of candy. Ideally, you'll have your guests queue up and approach the candy table like you would a typical buffet with the option to go back for seconds (or thirds) after everyone has had a turn to choose their candy.
Sound like too much work with your busy schedule? Need help? Let King's Gift Baskets help you plan and create your candy table buffet! We can help you select a theme, choose candies, set-up your candy table and more! Give us a call to see what we can create for you!
Leave a Reply.
Follow our blog for timely gift ideas and ways to brighten someone's day.