It’s your birthday and you want to be remembered on your special day. It’s a day that is filled with love and joy and special gifts from your friends and loved ones (for most of us).
After all it only comes around once a year, so we can celebrate it the way we choose.
Each year someone will ask, What do you want to do for your birthday? Now is the time to plan a quick trip, a spa day, sports event, a meal, or just money – the list goes on.
Sometimes people have special traditions that they like to stick with and consider it good luck, while other have a hard time deciding. It basically depends on your lifestyle, age, introverted, or a need to be center-staged- the choice is yours.
For the ones who have trouble deciding or want to do something different here is a list of birthday ideas:
1. Birthday weekend- Book a weekend trip at a hotel that is affordable one that isn’t 4 -star hotel but a little retreat in the mountains or by the sea. Bring your significant other, family or friends. Some boutique hotels have restaurants on premise or a hot tub- nice!
2. Brunch- A brunch is very trendy and popular with birthdays now adays. You can do a local spot with music, a fabulous brunch menu, and endless mimosas. Look up places in your area that specialize in brunches, usually they are on weekends.
3. Outdoor Hike- if you are a hiker you can go to your favorite spot or if you have never done hiking ,a new adventure would be a perfect idea. You can choose high mountains if your ambitious, or a hike for a couple of miles. Nothing beats getting in touch with nature on your birthday
4. Sip & Paint Party – If you have always wanted to join a painting class, this would be a good opportunity to try out your creative flair. Book a party, bring finger food, friends, and booze! The instructor will show you some techniques on a simple patten and the best part is you don’t have to worry about setting or cleaning up.
5. Casino Weekend- Depending on where you live you could drive to a casino or a plane. Ofcourse you will need money. Hint: Suggest it before your B’day and someone may spring for you! Some casinos will comp you or give you freebies on the birthday, and it could be your lucky day and win back some money!
6. Get a Tattoo- Yes-that’s right! Many people decide to get a tattoo for their birthday. Where you’re a newbie inker or have a “sleeve” and want to add something new and intriguing on the other arm or anywhere else on your body- it is a great idea for a birthday.
7.Extreme Sporting- Birthday goers want to have their day to remember. This is your chance to try something daring. If you’re afraid of heights book a helicopter ride
Tips for the Gift givers:
Follow our blog for timely gift ideas and ways to brighten someone's day.